About this Guide
About this Guide:
- Guide to help with biblical exegesis (interpretation).
- Exegesis: critical explanation or interpretation of a text.
- Learn more about exegesis (PDF)
Links to Resources:
- Book titles link to Emory's DiscoverE catalog
- Periodical titles link to online access page or to DiscoverE
Still on Paper
Not everything is online!
- Scope: comprehensive annual index of books and articles
- Arranged by subject and canonical order
- Currency: 3-4 years prior to current year
- Type your search term and go
- Limit to media type (books, articles, maps, etc. with drop-downs)
- More filters after first search
You can also search the library catalog to find relevant works. When searching the library catalog, format your search terms this way (following the Library of Congress Subject Headings):
- Bible N.T. Mark Commentaries
- Bible N.T. Mark Criticism, interpretation, etc.
To search for specific chapters, use Roman numerals:
- Bible N.T. Mark II Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible N.T. Corinthians, 1st. XII Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Topical subject searches can be done in either of the following two formats:
- Topic Biblical teaching (e.g. Wealth biblical teaching)
- Topic in the Bible (e.g. Wealth in the bible)
Hint: Once you've found an item in the catalog that looks good, click on the Subject headings to find other items on that same topic.