- a bibliographic management system
- supported by Emory
EndNote allows you to
- maintain a database of references
- create bibliographies and citations using Microsoft Office, Apple Pages, and OpenOffice.org Writer 3.
EndNote X6 is the current version
4 Steps to Set-up Endnote
- Visit the Software Distribution Page and click on the "Download" link next to EndNote.
- You will be asked for your EmoryID and password.
- In order to use the instructions on this guide, download EndNote X6.
- If you are using a Mac, download the .dmg file (at the top of the page).
- If you are using a PC, download the .exe file (scroll down halfway down the page, under the Windows Software tab).
(Be sure to close all other programs before beginning installation)
- Endnote installation also provides users with at least two years free access to EndNote Web
- See the EndNote Web tab for more information
Note: Be sure to run the "EndNote Program Updates" tool from the "Help" menu after you have installed the program
Check the Helps tab in this guide for information on known issues
You must download a separate connection files for each resource
- Turabian -- this style includes Footnotes and a Bibliography.
- Chicago 16th A --this is the Chicago style that uses footnotes.
- Society of Biblical Literature Notes (SBL) -- this is for the Society of Biblical Literature style, but be aware that using this style in EndNote requires customization. Here is EndNote's caveat and the download file: http://www.endnote.com/support/ensbl.asp
- Start EndNote and on the menu bar, go to "Edit -> Preferences"
- Select the "Find Full Text" option
- Check the first, second, and forth boxes
- In the Open URL Path box, enter "http://sfxhosted.exlibrisgroup.com/emu"
- In the "Authenticate With" box enter, "http://proxy.library.emory.edu"
Create or Open a Library in EndNote
To use EndNote
- You must have at least one library of references
- The default is called My Library and is created when you install the program
- EndNote opens this library each time it is launched unless preferences are changed
- You can create new / separate libraries:
- Select "File" --> "New"
- Select a name and location for your library
Materials can be organized in groups and sub-groups or in separate libraries. See the "Organizing Materials" tab in this guide.