Finding Books and Articles on Paul
There are also ranges of call numbers for each Pauline letter:
- Romans: BS2660-2665.6
- 1-2 Corinthians: BS2670-2675.6
- Galatians: BS2680-2685.6
- Ephesians: BS2690-2695.6
- Philippians: BS2700-2705.6
- Colossians: BS2710-2715.6
- 1-2 Thessalonians: BS2720-2725.6
- 1-2 Timothy, Titus: BS2730-2735.6
- Philemon: BS2760-2765.6
In DiscoverE, Emory's online catalog, there is a quick way to locate commentaries on particular Biblical books. On the DiscoverE Advanced Search page, change the first dropdown to "Subject" and the second dropdown to "Contains" and type "Bible. commentaries" and then the name of the book. See the links below for the results for each Pauline letter.
- 1-2 Corinthians
- 1-2 Thessalonians
- 1-2 Timothy
There are a few journals that are particularly relevant to Pauline Studies:
Paul the Apostle
This guide introduces resources for studying the Apostle Paul. Needless to say, the topic is enormous, so this guide is organized around a number of common topics in Pauline research.
- Introductory Works: How do I get started in researching the life, thought, and interpretation of Paul?
- The Historical Paul: Who was this person and what was his world like?
- Paul as Letter Writer: What were the norms of ancient letter writing?
- The History of Interpretation of Paul: How can I explore how Paul has influenced the church and culture? Where can I find some of the classic interpretations of Paul's letters?
- Contemporary Issues: What are the topics that scholars are discussing these days?
- The Theology of Paul: How can I explore the quest to systematize Paul's thought?
- Writing Research Papers: How do I write an academic paper on Paul?