About Information Management for Ministry
A basic guide to resources to manage information in the following areas:
Church Computing Journal
Getting started with information management is the most important point!
Most common question: What is the best technology for you?
- Paper/pencil/calendar may be sufficient
- technological overkill can make time/information management worse
- (see the next point)
- Simpler is better
- if it is too complicated you will not use it
- Often less expensive
- Any system is better than no system
Books on Information Technology in Ministry
Macs in the Ministry
40 Days and 40 Bytes: Making Computers Work for Your Congregation
Call Number: BV652.77 .S66 2004
- Basics for using computers in churches. Good place to start.
Wired for Ministry
Call Number: BV652.77 .J495 2004
- Practical manual using digital media in ministry.
- Focus is on enhancing community.
- Advocates advance planning and clarity of purpose in developing technologies for church use.